You must be a member to view this class!
Get 14 days of unlimited Pietra Fitness workout videos, then pay just $9.99/month. You may cancel your membership at any time.
Sticking to a Fitness Routine
Sticking to a Fitness Routineby: Elizabeth Hlavinka, Certified Pietra Fitness Instructor Did you know, on average, it takes 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic? And this is just the average! People will fall on either side of the spectrum but this two month time frame is about what we can expect before forming a routine. Our society broadcasts “Quick fixes in 1 week” or “2 Weeks to Flatter Abs”. We all want it now. These quick fixes side step the work it takes to form routine. The reason most of these ‘quick fixes’ fail is because they finish before the habit has formed. This leads people to quickly become frustrated and go back to old, bad habits since the new routine did not stick. The worst part about the ‘quick fix’ trend is that weight loss/ health companies know this! They intentionally set us up to fail with these quick fixes so we will go back and pay money to try again. It takes time, effort and discipline to form a fitness routine but help yourself in setting up your own. Here are some inspirational ideas below:
- If you are not a morning person do not schedule your workouts at this time. It will only lead you to dread it. Find the right time for your schedule to work out.
- Make small adjustments. Add in just 15 more minutes or 1 extra day of exercise to your current program. Use building blocks to enhance your routine. Do not change it drastically overnight. Changing it drastically will only lead you to quick burnout and frustration when you can’t keep it up.
- Find a workout partner. Someone who can either do the workouts with you or keep you motivated to keep going. Find another person in your local Pietra Fitness class and become friends. This will make you both want to show up to class and continue in your workout regimen together.
- Do exercises you actually enjoy. If you always go for a run just because you ‘should’ find another way of cardio that excites you and makes you look forward to completing it!
- Schedule these workouts in your day and/or planner like any other meeting you have scheduled in your life
- Last, but not least, do not compare your workout routine to others. Your fitness routine needs to work for YOU and where you are in life. It may not look like your sisters’ or best friends’ routine but that is okay! You are both going down different paths; one is not better than the other.