Are you feeling overwhelmed or stressed? Does life sometimes seem as if it is spinning out of control? Has regret, anger, or bitterness taken root in your heart? As St. Padre Pio said, “Prayer is the best weapon [you] have.”
Spend some time talking with God about the things that are on your heart, and cultivate a sense of inner peace with this beautiful prayer to the Holy Spirit.
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
- Come, Holy Spirit.
- Replace the tension within me with a holy relaxation.
- Replace the turbulence within me with a sacred calm.
- Replace the anxiety within me with a quiet confidence.
- Replace the fear within me with a strong faith.
- Replace the bitterness within me with the sweetness of grace.
- Replace the darkness within me with a gentle light.
- Replace the coldness within me with a loving warmth.
- Replace the night within me with Your day.
- Replace the winter within me with Your spring.
- Straighten my crookedness.
- Fill my emptiness.
- Dull the edge of my pride.
- Sharpen the edge of my humility.
- Light the fire of my love.
- Quench the flames of my lust.
- Let me see myself as you see me,
- that I may see You as you have promised me,
- and be healed according to your word.
Start Your Free 14-Day Trial
Get 14 days of unlimited Pietra Fitness classes, then pay just $9.99/month. You may cancel your membership anytime.